Instagram has announced that it is adding a new multitasking feature to its platform that will allow users to respond to DMs without having to switch between their inbox and their feed. The new feature intends to make it “much easier and more convenient to chat while on the app.
Here’s all the new features;
- Reply while Browsing: Receive a new message while you’re browsing your feed? You can now reply without going to your inbox and losing your place. This new feature makes it that much easier and more convenient to chat while on the app.
- Quickly send to friends: By tapping and holding the share button, users can effortlessly re-share posts to your closest friends.
- See who’s online: At the top of your inbox, you can see who’s free to chat at that moment
- Play, pause, and re-play: Enabled by integrations with Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify coming soon, users will be able to share a 30-second preview of songs, friends can listen directly from the chat.
- Send messages quietly: Send messages without notifying friends late at night or when they’re busy by adding “@silent” in your message. Now you can reach out without worrying about sending unwanted notifications.
- Keep it on the lo-fi: Feeling chill? The new lo-fi chat theme will make conversations feel more personal.
- Create a poll with your squad: Polls will be available in group chats, a feature already available in Messenger.
The new features are currently available in select countries, with plans to expand globally, according to the company.